“Do you work in AI?
Does turning raw smartphone sensor data into actionable insights peak your interest?
You gotta check this out!”
We are looking for Mobile SDK Engineers (IOS/Android) with grit, resourcefulness and curiosity to help develop the Sentiance SDK. Our SDK enables us to collect motion data from a mobile device and transform them into meaningful insights. By joining us, you’ll contribute to one of our most important technological leaps: “moving our data processing from the cloud directly into the smartphone; resulting in a more privacy-sensitive solution without significant battery impact”.
You’ll come up with out-of-the-box solutions that push boundaries and go beyond what we thought was possible. In particular, you will fuse sensor and geospatial data in a transport classifier that is broader and more accurate than the one in iOS and Android. You will also build a custom decision engine to execute flexible decision trees to support highly personalized interactions with the mobile phone user.
Find out more about our on-device data processing: https://www.sentiance.com/2021/04/27/edge-computing-mobile-insights/
What would be your key responsibilities?
As Mobile SDK Engineer we expect you to have a solid understanding of SDK design best practices as well as a proactive and data-driven mindset.
Development of a mobile SDK (Android, iOS) to collect and map user behaviour
Processing of collected sensor data using AI technology (e.g. TensorFlow Lite)
Researching advancements of the supported mobile platforms
Technically supporting customers
What are the essential qualities to be successful in this role?
- Fluency in English
- The ability to work in a client-focused, product-driven environment
- A strong focus on high-quality coding standards and the ability to balance quality, flexibility and timely delivery, without compromising on privacy/security
- A development experience in at least one of Java / Kotlin / Objective-C / Swift
- A self-starter mindset, able to work efficiently and independently in a geographically distributed team
- A natural curiosity for modern software engineering practices
Nice to Have:
- Experience with on-device data processing
- Experience in the development of location-aware/ geo-location app development
- A development experience in other mobile development environments i.e. React-Native, Flutter)
- Experience in writing multi-platform Kotlin code
- Experience in writing Swift Coding and implementation
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to develop skills you may never have thought you had in you
- A unique opportunity to grow your creative and innovative mind
- Opportunities for ownership and growth to leadership
- An inspiring hybrid work environment
- Great team, you will be surrounded by experienced and highly skilled people
- You can expect an agile and flat structure, flexibility, and openness for the curious.
- Access to top learning platforms
- We teach how to take opportunities and turn them into real-life solutions
- Relocation and sponsorship is available for Belgium and Lithuania
Our Canadian hub welcomes those who have an approved sponsorship
Please note we only provide work sponsorships for the Belgium location.
At Sentiance, we use data science and machine learning to turn smartphone sensor data into rich behavioral insights. These insights enable our clients across insurance, mobility, wellbeing and commerce industries to create innovative and personalized offerings that contribute to making the life of their users safer, healthier and ultimately more sustainable.
To achieve this it requires state of the art and innovative technologies. At Sentiance, our Engineers and Scientists strive every day at generating the most valuable and precise users’ behavioral motion insights, predictions models and behaviour change models and features. Whether you’re looking to write mobile software code, secure the scalability and availability of machine learning pipelines, facilitate the release management pipeline or develop algorithms to help, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the sustainability of our planet and its people.
We have a team of 70 people across 20 nationalities from Sentiance offices in Antwerp, Vilnius, Toronto. We share an amazing work culture that’s based on our main values: curiosity, integrity, grit, openness, weirdness!